TDI Intro to Technical Diving
TDI INTRO TO TECH COURSE IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN
– 3 Days Minimum – $200/day –
The TDI Intro to Tech course is the perfect course for divers who have heard about technical diving and want to find out more about this exciting branch of advanced diving. This course walks students through the special techniques, planning procedures
It will show you how to improve their dive planning methods, in-water skills and streamline your existing gear configuration, in a non-threatening and fun learning environment.
Who this course is for:
Certifiedopen water scuba diver who wants to expand diver knowledge Certifiedopen water scuba diver who is considering technical training
- Certified technical diver who is seeking a refresher course
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification: SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What you can expect to learn:
- In-depth dive planning, advanced buoyancy control, gas management, situational awareness, proper trim, gear configuration and selection
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to in-depth dive planning, introduction to more advanced technical diving and equipment
- Opportunity to become a more proficient diver and expand on diver skills and knowledge
TDI Intro to Tech minimum requirements:
- Execute proper gear selection and preparation as well as buddy gas matching
- Mastery of S.T.A.R.T, trim, finning techniques, body positioning, and diver skills
- Overall demonstration of mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
These requirements must be met prior to commencement of training):
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
Intro to Tech Course Combinations (Check Prerequisites):
- Intro to Tech + Cavern Diver (6 days)
- Intro to Tech+ Cavern + Intro to Cave (8 days)
- Intro to Tech+ Cavern + Intro to Cave + Full Cave (11 days)
- Intro to Tech + Advanced Nitrox (6 days)
- Intro to Tech+ Advanced Nitrox + Decompression Procedures (8 days)
- Transportation to and from the cenote(s) or boat staging area departing from our dive center in Playa del Carmen.
- Boat fees
- Tanks (Twin tanks)
- Technical Equipment Rental is included in the Intro to Tech Course.
- Weights if needed
- Bottled water
- Cenote Entry Fees (15-40USD/DAY)
- Manual – (included in course combinations)
- TDI Certification Fees
- Personal Diving Equipment – see list of required equipment.
intro to Tech Training
The TDI Intro to Tech course introduces students to the world of technical diving. This course is designed as an introductory course to the TDI Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures Course or Overhead Environment Diver (Cavern to Full Cave). The objective of this course is to familiarize students with technical equipment configurations, to enhance open water diving skills (such as buoyancy, trim, and situational awareness), and to introduce students to advanced gas planning techniques within a no-decompression context. This course is strictly a no-decompression course; students are permitted to use enriched air nitrox (EAN) mixes, provided the gas mix is within their current level of certification. Intro to Tech may be combined with TDI Advanced Nitrox or Cavern Diver.